step 1: sign the petition & introduce yourself
Step 1 of the “Steps to Expansion” initiative is focused on signing the 2023 Legislative petition and introducing yourself to your elected officials. Check out the step-by-step instructions below to get started advocating for KanCare expansion today! We include step for both individual advocates and for organizations that want to get involved. As always, if you have any questions about this initiative, you can contact our Advocacy Specialist, Taylor Morton, firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 861-7890.
- Contact the following legislators to start an ongoing conversation about KanCare expansion. We recommend introducing yourself, wishing them a Happy New Year and letting them know you support KanCare expansion and hope they will too.
- Your Kansas House Representative – If you aren’t sure who your representative is, click here to look it up
- Your Kansas Senator – If you aren’t sure who your representative is, click here to look it up
- Kansas Speaker of the House Dan Hawkins, email@example.com
- Kansas Senate President Ty Masterson, Ty.Masterson@senate.ks.gov
- Invite 3 friends to sign the petition and reach out to their legislators.
Let us know how it goes! Reach out to Taylor Morton, Advocacy Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 861-7890.
- Share this petition with your base
- Contact your legislators (as an organization) to voice support for KanCare expansion.
- Share your support for KanCare expansion on social media using the Communications toolkit listed below.
Organizations and individuals are welcome to use the following social media graphics on their accounts. To download the graphic, click on the link, then right click and choose “Save image as…” On a Mac, click the link, then use Ctrl + click on the image to save.
- Sign the Petition graphic (#1) (square .jpg)
- “Why KanCare Expansion?” graphic (square .jpg)
- I am one of the 8-in-10 Kansans who support KanCare Expansion graphic (square .jpg)
- I am one of the 8-in-10 Kansans who support KanCare Expansion button (circle .png)
- Expansion Reduces Health Care Costs for Everyone graphic (square .jpg)
- Expansion Reduces Medical Debt graphic (square jpg)
- Expansion Fixes Eligibility Limits graphic (square jpg)
- Expansion Protects Rural Health Care graphic (square jpg)
- Expansion Addresses Workforce Issues graphic (square jpg)
- Keeps Kansas Economically Competitive graphic (square jpg)
- Behavioral Health carousel (square jpgs)
Sample Legislative Introductory Email
KanCare Expansion Legislative Advocacy Toolkit
Find Your Legislator (OpenStates.org)