rally for kancare expansion
March 15, 2023, 1:15pm | Kansas statehouse
Attending the Rally for KanCare expansion at the Kansas Statehouse on Wednesday, March 15, 2023? Here are the details and resources you might need.
directions & parking
The Rally will take place in the Kansas Statehouse, 2nd floor north wing. The Kansas Statehouse is located in Topeka at SW 8th St & SW Van Buren St. There are various parking options around the statehouse, including street metered parking, the Statehouse Visitor garage (limited spaces & time limits apply), and other parking garages.
If you are taking the free Rally for KanCare Expansion bus you can find the full schedule and location information here.
- Kansas Statehouse Directions & parking
- City of Topeka Parking Garages map & information
- City of Topeka metered parking map & information (both digital payment and cash payment options)
kansas statehouse information
You’ll need to enter the Kansas Statehouse through the north doors to the Visitor’s Center. You will be required to go through security before entering the Statehouse. Going through this entrance will lead you to the ground floor rather than the 1st floor. Elevators and stairs are both available in the Statehouse.
The rally will take place on the 2nd floor north wing. From the Visitor’s Center, make your way to the 2nd floor. We will have signs and staff stationed to help you find us. You can always look over the banister at the markings on the 1st floor (which indicate north, south, east & west).
There is a cafeteria and several snack bars open in the Statehouse for lunch and food options, as well as vending machines. Additionally, there are seating locations all over the Statehouse to sit and eat.
- “Lettuce Feed You” Capitol Cafe & snack bars information (open 8am – 2pm)
- Kansas Capitol map with Rally location marked
If you have one, wear your 8-in-10 t-shirt to the rally! If you don’t have one – no worries! We’ll have buttons, stickers, bandanas and signs that you can pick up when you get there.
We’ll also have a photobooth so you can take pictures with your friends and other advocates. If you post them on social media, be sure to use #ExpandKanCare!
Governor Laura Kelly
Sonja W. Bachus, CEO, Community Care Network of Kansas
Ron Chronister, Advocate
Shari Coatney, President/CEO, SKIL Resource Center
Chandra Dickson, Kansas consumer
Dr. Roy A. Jensen, MD, Professor, KU Med
Rev. Dr Bobby Love, pastor, Second Baptist Church of Olathe
Curtis Sneden, Chamber President, Greater Topeka Partnership
- 2023 Rally informational flier
- Briefing Book on KanCare Expansion
- Benefits of KanCare Expansion by Kansas county
- KanCare Expansion Advocacy Toolkit
- Kansas Statehouse information – from Visit Topeka
- Kansas State Capitol information – from the Kansas Historical Society